Ethereum (ETH) is of high interest for developers who are willing to buy it as a fuel to be used on the smart-contract blockchain. It is also interesting for professional traders and investors who are viewing Ether as a digital currency.
Buying Ethereum is very easy if you already own Bitcoins (BTC). This is also a preferred method to buy this digital currency as it holds low transaction fees (as opposed to buying it with credit card or PayPal). You need to transfer Bitcoins to your wallet on an exchange you choose and buy Ethers right away.
Exchange Bitcoins into Ethereum at Cex
We suggest Cex.io for an exchange as they recently launched Ether/Bitcoin trading pair with a low 0.20% fee. Users can also buy Ethers for USD using their regular Visa/MasterCard issued in any currency or bank account. To start trading ETH/BTC, you only need to register on Cex and fund your account using Bitcoin.
Buy Ethereum with BTC without verification
- ShapeShift is probably the best exchange if you want to exchange between different cryptocurrencies instantly and without account, but there is no traditional currency support. Fees are low and exchange is instant. You will also need Ether wallet beforehand (if you do not have one, choose other places like Coinbase or get one info about wallets here). This website is also a really good option for exchanging Ethereum for other crypto-currencies. With less currencies, but with better rates is Changelly.
- Another place where you can buy Ethereum quickly and without verification is Indacoin. As anonymity comes with a high premium over the regular price, check our promo codes page to get 5% discount.
Buy Ethereum at Coinbase
One of the easiest ways to buy Ethereum is to use Coinbase. It is one of the best Bitcoin and Ethereum wallets, and it allows users to purchase Ether by directly transferring money from a bitcoin wallet. The exchange also supports deposits with a bank account and secure credit and debit cards. Currently, 33 countries are supported, including the US, Canada, Australia, European Union countries, and Singapore. Unfortunately, if you want to exchange Bitcoins into Ethereum, you need to go through the standard verification procedure.
Other exchanges and trading sites that allow you to buy Ether with Bitcoins are
- Kraken (forex trading and Bitcoin exchange in one service)
- Poloniex (a US exchange trading in numerous virtual currencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dogecoin)
- Exmo (it provides trading with various cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin)
- After you buy your Ethereum, you should safely store it in a Ethereum Hardware Wallet.
- If you do not have Bitcoin yet, see this guide to choose the best way to buy Bitcoins.
- You can get some ether by mining it. The easisest way is to buy a cloud mining contract with Bitcoin. See our guide on Ethereum cloud mining.
Partly or Fully Updated on